Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1 for 3

Dear Jake Kilroy,

Thank you for your submissions. Unfortunately, they don't suit our needs at this time. I am not one to send off form rejections though (not yet anyway), so I will give you a little insight into why?

Poem 1 just didn't quite suit my taste that's all. The rest of them, while I liked parts of them, were either too long for our needs (we like poetry to be in the ballpark of 40 lines, but we will give some leeway if I think the poem is exceptional) or used too much profanity.

Because of my desire to make this magazine accessible to as many people as possible, and my personal and literary convictions, I don't publish profanity. I don't mind edgy, off-center, or even weird. I might allow the occasional hell or damn if the piece can't survive without it (and most times a piece can live with out it).

I hope my explanation helps. Keep writing and submitting. Thanks again.

Anthony Kendrick
Puffin Circus

No comments:

Post a Comment